Expert Witness and Premise Liability
What We Do:
Conduct Extensive Evaluation & Analysis
Prepare Expert Opinions Supported by Facts
Deliver Opinions During Cross-Examination in Depositions and At Trial
About Premise Liability:
To win a Premise liability case, the victim must prove the injury occurred because the owner was negligent with respect to the ownership or maintenance of property. Landowners have a legal responsibility to someone who enters onto their property to ensure their safety. An injury alone does not mean the landowner was negligent or responsible and the status of the injured person matters when determining responsibility. Premises Liability claims related to negligence or inadequate security arise when an injury or death occurred because of unsafe, inadequate or failure to secure or make property safe.
Who Needs an Expert Witness?
- Attorneys & victims who require assistance proving security negligence or inadequacy.
- Property & landowners exhibiting proactive due diligence to ensure the adequacy of security and safety measures and for defending claims of negligence.
- Anyone needing to assess the condition of their property to ensure they have appropriate and effective security systems, plans and procedures necessary to ensure their compliance with the law and defend against claims of security negligence or inadequacy.
- Duty of Care
- Breach of Care
- Cause of Injury
When You Need an Expert Witness?
- Now, Pre-Incident. This means you should develop a proactive approach to security to protect yourself from negligence and inadequate security to prove you exhibited due regard for anyone on your property. We help ensure your compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Later, Post-Incident. Clients who need to defend the adequacy of their security when faced with claims of security negligence following an injury. We review the condition of your security, make recommendations and provide ongoing advising to evaluate the adequacy of security and safety conditions. It’s highly recommended you receive assessments annually to avoid defending yourself after-the-fact when faced with claims of security inadequacy or negligence.
Security assessments become your powerful tool and evidentiary support that you exhibited due regard and due diligence for establishing a standard-of-care and identifying and mitigating risks.