How to Find the Best Security Consultants – Cyber VS Physical security
You hear about cyber and physical security daily, yet nobody’s addressing the real issue. To help guarantee your security consulting needs in either area, lets discuss the elements of how you can set yourself up for success. It’s recommended you team up with an expert who specializes in one or the other, so to maximize security needs. Here’s a quick and easy breakdown of the differences and similarities of “Physical” and “Cyber”, when related to security consulting.
These security matters are issues which exist visibly and can cause direct physical harm. Everyone everywhere deals with physical security daily. These matters include the following:
- Construction of your home or business and any barrier or security measure incorporated into the physical construction or design of your property.
- Environmental conditions such as your proximity to high crime areas, being on a cul-de-sac and landscaping conditions conducive of deterrence and concealment.
- Systems include the use of vehicle and pedestrian detection equipment, burglary alarms, surveillance cameras, automation equipment and access controls.
Cyber security concerns are matters which exist invisibly inside computers, networks and servers. This relates to the information, technology and development of security systems, protocols and furthermore, policies.
- Technology such as new systems, ideas and devices for either overcoming security concerns or advancing new solutions, research and experimental matters.
- Information includes the research and intelligence for the development, protection and design of security systems and solutions.
- Development is the application of information and technology as it relates how new security solutions are applied to security policy, procedure, plans and systems.
Physical Security Solutions
Be laser focused on one thing above all – your security.
Consider partnering with experts who are independent, experienced and trusted members of the International Association of Professional Security Consultants. This will help guarantee you receive optimal security solutions and service from real experts, as they have gone through rigorous evaluation to determine capability and reliability. Almost any one could simply claim to be a ‘Security Consultant’.
You should focus on assessing and alleviating your physical security concerns. Active violence exposure and your premise liability and security negligence matters.
Develop plans for your security program, address inadequate security issues and train to handle active shooters and workplace violence.
Don’t hire anyone who’s strategy is to be a “jack of all trades” – experts stay focused on one area.
Due to the frequency of recent events like active shootings and terrorism, your infrastructure should be fortified to mitigate risk. Ensure you have effective physical security solutions to protect storage, access and control to your cyber components.
Above all, do the best to educate yourself when out looking to find a security consultant in an increasingly complex world. A proper job done by a security consulting company, can pay dividends in the protection of individuals, company’s, and organizations.
For more information concerning active shooter and workplace violence situations and how to train and prepare for those worst-case scenarios, read our blog ‘3 Tips on Surviving an Active Shooter Incident‘ also take a look at ABC New’s videos of an active shooter drill at Colorado High School.